Sunday 31 January 2010

The big time



For more than a month I became a stalker on the internet. I was stalking sewing machines. Day and night I looked at sewing machines. After visiting a sewing machine shop I had been advised that I shouldn't bother with a new singer machine to replace the old one. The company had goine bust and the new machines where no good. After my experience with the old brother I didnt want to go down that road again. It started off on websites of department stress. I had been advised about a model by the man in the shop. I saw it in variaring different prices.



(image is not of actual machine)

I then decided Ebay get an old singer one. I watched like a hawk. Losing two. By this time I was getting angry. I decided that with any domestic machine they would not withstand the amount of sewing that I was planning to do in my mind.






An industrial machine it would have to be. They are bloody experience. Even on ebay a second hand one could be £400. Not ready to pay that but if I could get one for a resonable amount I would go for it.





Then I found out that they weighed a tone. Great no car how could I drag that home.





I had been added by a kind donation from a well placed bet.





Gumtree had a few. Lastly I looked on loop when I was sick of the site of images of sewing machines. It was around the corner. Wicked. I rang the number had a confused conversation with a lady who didnt speak very good english.





After three visits that bad boy was mine....

No comments:

Post a Comment